R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 04:37 PM
Granpa
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fresnojay
Good info on the lubes used by all. Will have to get some graphite for my hinge pins and such as I notice mine get sticky from time to time and do now freely move as much I would like. I had used previously small dabs or applications of Glidex II where needed to free things up but like the fact that graphite won't attract dirt like the Glidex II. I know I am behind the 8 ball in terms of the best stuff to lube and use. But I am trying to get there .

Grandpa, Thanks for the tips and will get to work. I am currently running Black/Red front and Black/Blue rear for springs. Are those the softest of the Tamiya's or are one of the others softer? I also have a set of the black/yellow, white/blue, white/yellow, and florescent red springs. Also the ride height was set at 4.5mm front and 4mm rear. Should I go ahead and raise the front to 5mm in accordance to your suggestions?

Jason
I've never used the black springs, but Bensi was telling me they are about the same as the fluorescent ones. They might be shorter.

First things first. Try the spec tire on your car. Add the cyano to the front tires, outside first. Experiment with how much you need to do. Right now I'm covering the whole sidewall. I'm probably the one who uses the least cyano of the Mini Mafia, but am also a little down on pace. Most are using the cyano on the rear tires also, so will need to try that.

Spent a little time with AngryRog Saturday. We made a couple of seemingly small changes or adjustments to quicken and give him a bit more steering. I'd run with him earlier and could easily out run him. After the changes, I had a lot of trouble. It took 3 or 4 trial runs , but his car was pretty close to start with.