R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 02:52 AM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bhodi11
Ok im stumped!!! First car setup roll bars using above worked great. Second car I cannot no matter what I try get the 2 sides to lift equally. I even tried the roll bar from other car, flipped them over both times same issue. I tried flipping the camber links, changed the right arm out, tried extremes in bar length difference in both directions, moved the roll bar mounts out to front of arm. Everything is completely free on both sides - arms, uprights, camber links at both ball studs, dog bones. I just dont get it. Any ideas???

Update: did some more work trying to fix issue. Ive taken it down to only the rear arms and sway bars installed. Double checked the arms move freely on pins on and off the car. I have tried 2 different roll bars and flipped each one of them over. I am still getting the left side lifting around 6mm and the right around 12mm. At one point I got it to around 7mm on left and 9mm on right but it was late and I kept working at it to get it perfect but never could get back to that close of a value.When I adjust the heights of the arm holders it seems to have little or no effect. I did notice I have a little lift on the back right corner. With the chassis sitting flat on setup board I can rock it slightly. I loosened every screw on the bottom and top but the lift in that corner would not go away. Not sure if this would be enough to cause the roll bar issue but I did press the chassis down so it was perfectly flat on all 4 corners and tested the roll bar with same results as above. What I do know is that regardless of swapping parts in various combinations side to side and from car to car the problem varied only by 4mm or so and always with the left side lifting the right side almost immediately and the right side lifting the left side at a much higher value.
hmmm, thats really odd. I'm assuming that you've checked the droop settings and so on, prior to doing the tap test? otherwise, not sure what could be causing that issue!

Originally Posted by Linguster
Did they do anything with the plastic on the medium C-Hub, Upright and Steering block when the change the plastic on the arm?
I believe they all use the new material (new batches anyway), but the same designs as before. Only the arms had the design changed.