R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Weschester
Tech Initiate

Default T-Fource

Originally posted by litespeed-dom
3 locals are running the T-Force right now, fast right out of the box with the thicker chassis. It's a little on the heavy side, but that could be fixed. Weschester is pretty much my mentor on 1/12th and he's running one, PM him or I'll see if I can get him on this thread.

Dom
I've had my T-Fource for about a month now. I've run it in 2 races and 2 practice days. I think I've made a very good choice in cars.

litespeed-dom is right, the car is heavy with the stiff chassis (It's thicker and less cut outs) out of the box. Mine was well over 30 ounces the first time I weighed it. After a diet, I have it down to 28.8 and still loosing. That's with big tires (1.92 rears and 1.80 fronts) and a standard weight body. I think I can get it down close to 28.4 in stock and a little heavier in Mod.

The kit is very well made with some very cool features. It has the lowered CRC rear pods, the newest Associated front end, innovative side spring suspension/tweeking, side dampining tubes, large D ring diff, usable kit tires and cool red colored metal parts.

It drives like a dream and responds very well to changes. I've had it turn in so hard it blew me away and got it to settle down to where anyone could drive it. I think the stiff chassis makes it much easier to tune than most other cars. There are just less varyables.

I do recommend the car and the support from CRC has been great.