R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec-R R1
Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 02:20 AM
RogerDaShrubber
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bappe
trying to make the s1 car softer might be hard, i went nuts on my s1 chassi, its still stiff! the glassfibre used is crap.. only thing i can imagine that would make it softer in a good way is to mill it down in thickness

if you want to make the car softer then the new cf chassis will make a big difference, i have the option 2.25mm chassi on my car now, center motormount and new topdeck is on its way now too. new carbon chassis is totally different than the first ones that were released in terms of carbon, flex and feel
will post a pic of my car when i got all new bits installed
Originally Posted by valk
I might a do the drillout thing. Ir i could mill the material down ob cnc at work but planning fiberboards tends to create a tweak.
Trying to stay away from carbon fiber. If i go that route i might as well have just paid $279 for an r1.
Originally Posted by Bappe
mill it down if you have the chance.. my s1 chassi is badly tweaked after all drilling
but i think that its more worth buying carbon parts, after all, they are quite inexpensive from spec r, the s1 glassfibre is way stiffer than the newer usa grade carbon
Milling down the fiberglass will expose the glass fibers and will weaken the material in some places on the chassis, thus giving different flex characteristics all over the place resulting in tweek. The only real option is to either cnc or dremel out a new chassis from 2.25mm fiberglass or carbon sheet, or buy the 2.25mm carbon chassis and narrow top deck from Spec-R.