R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2002, 04:33 PM
psycho
Tech Master

Cain

I missed the fact that you are running foams. I don't run foams on my electric sedans, but in nitro, you cut them down to reduce side bite and traction rolling, so I would assume the same would work on electric sedan. If you have access to a tire truer, you might try cutting your tires down to 62.5mm or using your overdrive pulley and only cut down the front tires. You'll need to do some number crunching to get the diameters right if you do the overdrive trick. I'd stick with the 42T pulleys and cut the front and rear tires the same diameter to keep things simple. While you're at it, make sure you bevel the edges well. That also helps reduce tire side bite. Keep in mind that tires are the most course adjustment you can make to the car, so you usually want to change tires to get close to the traction you want and adjust the suspension to make finer changes. You are trying to do the opposite, so it makes things a bit more difficult. Rather than trying a bunch of guesswork, try asking the fast XXX-S drivers at your track what tires they run and see if many guys are running the same tires. That would be where I'd start. Someone earlier suggested running plaid up front, so it might be worth picking up a pair and trying them. That should only be around $20. I'd chat with the fast XXX-S drivers at your track first, though before buying tires since the price adds up to have many compounds available in your pit box.