R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Who charging 20+ amps or more now??
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 06:23 AM
fq06
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
I'm not sure I'm following you...

If you are at the track and running, you charge then run the pack.... If you are done for the day after your last run, you take the battery down to storage mode, if you not going to use it for a week or more. If you are going to use the next day, then do nothing after your 6 min run, just put it up. Most the time after a 6 min run, the storage mode will only take a little more out the battery, another option is to run it 7 mins then just put it up... (this will make the voltage also most the same level as storage mode...)

Did that clear it up?

A number of people are saying here to discharge below the 7.6 area of storage mode, this is not good for Lipos. If you choose to use the discharge method that is your call. What I'm saying is that it will hurt your lipos, and this comes directly from what we all know as an RC god with many hours of testing these different methods.... But in the end it is your call, it is your lipo and your money...
Ah, got it. Yeah, if I'm driving the following day I don't care as long as its in the area of storage voltage or higher. If I'm not driving till the following weekend, storage charge.