R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 06:04 AM
McD44
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fivepointnine
just got back from the track for the first time, running MM4, track was damp clay. when I first started the slipper was too tight and it just wanted to swap ends no matter what I did. I added 1 deg toe in per side in the back, moved the shock mounts out one hole on the a-arms and moved the wheelbase back 2 spacers worth, seemed to make it at least driveable, but if I even thought about stabbing the throttle mid corner I would just spin.

Im thinking I might need to swap to the RM setup unless anyone has some setup tips.

I love the way it jumps and handles sweepers on the MM4 setup though.
What is your setup?

I just raced my MM4 setup for the first time yesterday on what is essentially beach sand. VERY loose and difficult to drive on especially with a MM car. I am new to 2wd 1/10 scale, I've been driving 1/8 scale and 4x4SC for a few years so my experience and skill with this kind of car is limited. I found that with a MM setup you basically never want to "stab" the throttle. You can enter corners faster though and when you're in the corner you use the throttle to maintain that speed, then roll on the throttle at the very exit of the corner when you're pointing in the direction you want to go. I worked to maintain a higher average speed without ever getting too aggressive with the trigger and it was working pretty well. I qualified 10th in the A-main and finished 6th. I was passing RM cars in the corners like crazy. There was one 180° corner that I had a ton of trouble with. It was extremely dry soft sand at the exit and since you had to slow down so much in the turn I had a tendency to get on it too much and fishtail or spin losing a lot of ground to other drivers. I imagine if I could have kept it together there I would have finished a few places better.

I ran the full 4.5° of rear toe, shocks mounted to the rear. I also find that running a higher inner camber link position on the rear helps with weight transfer keeping the rear a little more planted in corners. Are you running a shorty or full sized pack?