R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura Ultimate
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2013, 10:01 AM
RicerX1
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

The Ultimate drove pretty good after a bit of suspension changes. Keep in mind that this is on mid-hi traction carpet (TQ RC Racing). I started out with the stock setup sheet in the manual except I used AE 37.5 wt shock oil and Sweep Evo 30R tires. I was getting a lot of understeer mid sweeper and on weight transfer. So I decreased rear droop from 5 to 6 and that fix the problem right up. But the car didn't feel as sharp still. From there I ended up changing the springs. The stock springs are long 6.5t, I ended up changing them to the 3racing short springs, 5.5t front and 5.75t rear. The stiffer springs made quite an improvement. Just a bit of oversteer and made it a joy to drive. I wasn't able to match the fastest lap I was able to do in my TC6 but was only 0.2 sec off. I was able to get a similar pace as before. I then changed to some sorex 28 for my last pack and it just totally screwed me up, too much oversteer and traction roll. I'm sure there is still room for improvement on my setup.

This was the setup I ended up with
Sweep EVO 30 R Premounts
Camber: F 1.5 / R 2.0
Ride Height: F 5.0 / R 5.0
Toe: F 1.0 / R 2.0
Shock Oil: F 37.5 / R 37.5 Wt
Diff: F Spool / R 2000cst (kit)
Droop: F 5 / R 6
FDR 3.6
Timing 10 deg (Ion 4 17.5t)

Few notes:
The steering bell cranks have a little bit slop - this is for the guys who are picky because I didn't know till my friend pointed it out.

Kit doesn't include a steering servo. I ended up putting in a tamiya hi torque servo saver with a 3racing alum arm plate.