R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Cobra GT-E
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 06:38 AM
Voltron989
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scooby61
Pulled the trigger on my gt-e a few days ago, order diff fluids with the kit and picked up the shorter front bulkhead screws. Any other issues I should be prepared for in the build?? Probably going with the tekin 2650 setup. What springs and shock oil is everyone using? This will be for a parking lot track with grp's as the spec tire and 4 cell battery
Things I'd personally recommend are
10 degree c-hubs and the 0 degree steering blocks.
The steering blocks are kind of pricey if you don't go with them atleast get the plastic 10 degree C-hubs
Aluminum servo horn and the Hard servo saver spring. Stock servo spring is too soft.
Serrated wheel nuts, serpent ones are pricey at $30 for the set but any 17mm fine thread wheel nuts will work
2.3mm front sway bar
I'd also suggest the 46T composite center diff spur instead of steel and some high flow motor and ESC fans.

As far as springs and fluid. That depends on the track and your style of driving.
For a prepped high bite track id go on the stiffer side while on a looser unprepped track id go softer.
I recently switched to a softer setup and really like it.
800cst all around with red springs in rear and yellow upfront.
Stock set up is a good starting point though

Originally Posted by RavenLS1
is that length or diameteI'm tossing up between a CC 2650kv or a 2200kv will they both fit?
Truggy motors like the 2200 castle or the 4038 line of tekin truggy motors will not fit.