R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2013, 03:57 PM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I am back!! seems like there are some users that still want to talk about the OFNA GTV2 chassis so I did some research on front geometry and came up with this FF pivot block that gives you anti-dive and dynamic caster at the same time. what this relates to is that the car gets more forward traction and under decel eliminates weight transfer so the rear doesnt get unstable under braking! under acceleration the car "stiffens" up much like anti squat does in the rear!

What are you OFNA guys doing for rear toe and antisquat? I drew up a 1* toe block but i have concerns about the rear slop which is inevitable with RC cars. By nature the rear tires tend to "toe out" under acceleration so if i make a toe block for 0 or even 1* the car will probably be really unstable.

CK i tried to get it done before your order went out but i figured you wanted your stuff ASAP!!

I am also working on a contingency program for you speed freaks!!
the RCShox arm braces work wonders at high speeds on the track so will be great for high speed runs and they are aerodynamically better for the underbody since they are flat.
RCSHox 2 stage pistons offer superb stability for rough roads.
RCShox steel shielded bearings are just faster than any rubber sealed bearings
RCShox FFpivot "speed" block coming soon
and RCShox FR toe "speed"block coming soon once we figure out what optimal toe and Antisquat is!

Gimme a couple of days and what i will probably do is give you guys a code to enter in when you order and i will throw some test parts in with your order to give me feedback on, once again thanx for your support and all of your PM's. I could possibly have a line on some dedicated high speed bodies but not sure if i can close the deal or not at the very least i may be able to swing a few samples!

Last edited by MantisWorx; 08-21-2013 at 04:12 PM.