R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC4
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 02:32 PM
DesertRat
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by volracer
I have bought a DC4. However, I have not put it together yet. I will though. I have a Factory Team TC4, that I use for VTA (the local track races VTA and Tamiya Spec sedan classes). When I put a Lipo in it becomes tweaked badly. I have tried a couple of different battery mounts; Velcro strap, tape and the AE posts. It appears the top deck and the LiPo case interfere with each other. I tried to make a new LiPo mount, but still had issues with the top deck.

I like the motor mount of the Factory Team and the DC4. I have over twenty years experience and parts with/for Associated cars. I just did not want to spend twice as much for a new car with equivalent performance. I do have an old used X-Ray that I have if I want to try a belt car.

Plus the local hot shot driver races shaft drive cars. He states shafts are for racing, belts are for holding up your pants.
They are not the same car. The DC4 is much lighter and more flexible.

As for the tweak, I would cut the TC4 top deck down to eliminate the tweak, and then just use a few pieces of 2-sided tape for the mounting.