R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW Team Magic E4RS II EVO
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 07:56 PM
rodneybarrett
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Some build comments

I am at the final stages of building the Evo and I thought I would give my opinion. All in all the car has gone together pretty well. I did, however, run into a few issues. I am curious if others have the same and/or other issues with the build.

- Rear Diff Build

I had a slight issue with the outdrive bearing on one side of the diff. I could not get to seat all the way without having to sand down the plastic diff halve a little. Additionally (but I don't think this will cause a performance issue), When i spin diff on its bulkheads, both the bearing housing vibrate slightly. It is like the bearing aren't seating properly. I have tried re-seating them several times but they still move in and out a little.

- both front and rear outdrive blades.

They seem to be a little tight. When moving the drive train by hand you can see the axles moving due to them sticking on the out drives. this may clear out once it is run once or twice.

- Shock build

Trying to put the e-clips on shock shaft above the pistons was very difficult. It was almost like there wasn't enough room once you had the washer and pistons on the shock shafts. I eventually got them on (after widening the a little) and the shocks seem to be working fine.

- New hard plastic on the arms

I think the new hard plastic made it very difficult to install several of the screws on the arms. Especially the lower shock screws since you are using a much smaller diameter hex. The down stops were also pretty tight but easier since it was a 2mm hex.

- turnbuckle screws that attach to the bulkheads.

They are a little too short if you are going to use more than 2mm spacers. I am using 2mm spacers on the rear(from one of the setup sheets) and I think they will hold but there wasn't a lot of thread that went into the bulkhead.

- anti-roll bar top ball cup (the plastic ones)

Be careful when tightening down one the roll bar, the material is soft and the set screws will strip if not careful.

I can wait to get my electronics in and get it on the track. It will be on Carpet.