R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray XB4 thread
Thread: Xray XB4 thread
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 09:01 AM
joeymdz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glock man
Hello Gents! I recently purchased an Xray b4. I should have it here by Friday. I am new to 4x4 buggies. I read good things and bad things about the xb4. I just couldn't wait for Losi to elevate their game. I am reading this thread and see people are having problems with landings on xb4. Any advice would be great. Also what motor shold i run? I have a brand new orion pro 160 amop speedo i plan to use. Also what parts should I stock up on? Last thing i want is to break down and not be able to continue racing.

Thanks guys
This too was my first 4wd buggy and its a BLAST!!! (should of bought it months ago!) I bought mine used from an xray driver so it had the V2 stuff. Landings are one of the hardest things to get right and be consistent with. The only issue that I have is filling the front end up with soft dirt every now and then (wished it came with a curved bumper). With that in mind I have not broken anything... yet (and remember this is my first 4wd). I did purchase an 84 spur, drive shaft pins, and extra full complete diffs

I had an LRP 6.5 but fried it... now im running an orion 7.5 with 84/23 gearing and its fast. so depending on your track you should look around the 5.5-10.5