R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 6 Wheel Custom F1 Pan Car...
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 09:37 AM
all4fun
Tech Regular

Default 6 wheel Tyrell F1 car

Originally Posted by Manfredo
OMG that thing is soooo coool !

I want one. Does anyone know how to contact Dave Berry ?
I want to buidl my own 6-wheel F1 car. Can anyone help me to contact the creator of the shown car. Would be quite helpful to get some details on wheelbases, front and rear track width, tire compounds an diameters, a.s.o.
Also I need one of those tyrell bodies !

Thanks in advance.
The tyrells did of course pretty well. They just uffered from two major problems. First: the development of the front tires did not go along with the development of the rears and second: the team didīnt manage to get the overheating problems of the front breaks under control.
Thereīs a very interesting background story behind the tyrell 6-wheel cars.

Iīm not sure if the 6-wheel system could be an advantage in r/c racing since the main advantages of this system where the additional front end bite due to the addtional pair of wheels and the aerodynamic advantage of the small wheels that where completly covered by the front wing.
Manfredo,

Hello, I'm the guy that created the 1/10th 6 wheel Tyrell F1 RC car back in 2003, based off of the Tamiya (origional released car) . Since my Son and I raced 1/12th scale back then (in Michigan) and I really had a passon, for F1, and still do.....I couldn't resist giving it a try. I still have the car as it came off the track for the last time in 2005 (the NIMH batteries are still soldered in). I now want to do another (origional style) as a Lipo/link car as my origional car was t-bar based. I'll get some pics of my origional 6 wheeler up on this thread soon. As I'm remembering my 1st 6-wheeler project again, I'm looking forward creating my new 6-wheeler!!

Dave Berry