R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)
Old 08-05-2013, 02:01 PM
erchn
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
I fitted a pair of AME green springs, which seem similar to Xray 2.9's (having gone from RSD Silver's) and the steering felt lazy, I admit it got me ftd but it felt too much like hard work to get fast laps as it felt too safe.
I've not tested any AME springs. But I will say that just because it claims to be stiffer or even measures stiffer it can feel very different. Take, for instance, the RSD Silver T4 vs. Green T4 springs, they measure nearly identical, but they feel pretty different on the track. The Green's (to me) feel lazier, though they measure slightly stiffer.

Also, if you are going all the way up to a 2.9ish spring, and not making other changes like lowering the amount of front anti-sway bar, the car may not generate much lateral traction due to lack of roll. When running RSD Red springs on my car, I run a 1.1 front bar, as example.

I would say that an easier test would be just standing your shock up a bit more with the same spring, to see if it generates the reaction to change you are expecting.