R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2013, 09:59 AM
bvoltz
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TWILL
I'm using button head screws, but I have used them in the past and end up having to Dremel them out of the car. ( CAN"T GET THEM TIGHT ENOUGH)
How much end play do you have in the motor? If it is a lot then the rotor will be allowed to move enough for the pinion to touch both the battery and button head screws. I'm keep my end play (shim the end plate side of the rotor) to a very small amount of end play. I do have marks (very VERY small mark in the battery case, but I 100% do not want the pinion to touch the motor screws. I have never had a problem with the motor sliding, unless in a hard hit. Make sure you are using a long enough screw to mount the motor. I have seen issues when a person only gets contact with a few threads in the end plate. Make sure that the motor screw is long enough to use 100% of the threads in the end plate, but not to long to touch the inside of the motor, I'm using 3 x 6 screws Button Head). If you still have issues, lightly coat the screws with BLUE loctite, let it dry out side of the motor, coat until you have a solid fit...Or a drop of blue loctite on the screws, and mount.. not too much....