R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I don't know this has been done before, but I did it by mistake a year ago but now, it seems like it is a pretty good mistake that I made.

The TCS brand rubber tires #1031 (aka Pit 571) with the F104 foam rim...the front rim/tire, I (or someone) mistakenly glued the tire the wrong side. To glue the tires correctly, the smaller diameter side of the rubber suppose to wrap around the edge of the F104 foam rims...that way, no matter how to measure it, the front tires will NEVER be 180mm per the TCS rule...it will be around 184mm the narrowest by using F104 front end...and on our SP1, it will be around 187ish mm with the 184mm setup.

But because I glued it the wrong side...now my SP1 has the true 184mm front. And if I am using the F104 fix front end, I will have 180mm front width.

However, there are some extra work to be done...the INSIDE of the tire, you will have a lot of rubbers that you have to CUT OFF...that is do-able, just need time to trim them off by using a sharp x-acto knife.

I have been using this "screw up" tires for almost 40 plus run and the traction of the PIT is just amazing...it was run 10 plus battery for indoor carpet then 30 plus run for the outdoor and traction is still plenty....I really don't know how many more runs I can do with this exact tires but I don't see any cut nor wear on it...I can guarantee it can run 40 plus more pack on it.