R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 07:22 PM
LonnyJ1950
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ThePanda
ok I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, please if there is a better place direct me.

so here is my question. how much would it cost to put together a 1/12 mid level pan car kit? I'm talking about everything that goes into it, motor, esc, tires,body,servo, stuff like that. (already have radio) i would like nice stuff in it, but have ho idea how one of these would go together. could anyone please give me some good options on car kits and the stuff mentioned above? thanks.
Prices vary a lot, so it's difficult to say. The best car would be the one most of the racers at your track run. When you need help, and you will, it's good to have experienced people who are familiar with your car. That said, Associated and CRC are the most common and generally cheapest. You will need a 1S battery (about $60-75), a good motor see D/Rs recommendations above (70-90), Simple charger, ($90-150), Tires run about $20 a set, A good blinky ESC can be had for as little as $50, one for a boosted class will be more in the $200-225 range, good usable servos like the Futaba 9650 runs $30-50 and bodies are in the $15 to 20 range. Figure around $600.