R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT class--buggy-based on road!
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 03:31 PM
jneg
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T-Hawk
How many were from P.R.?
Why are you asking this I don't undestand or even try to do it. In 2010 Homestead there were 4 racers from PR at the race. I was one of them. In 2011 in Mexico there was 1 racer and I had everything ready but health issues prevented me from going. In 2012 in PR there were about 40 racers from PR plus Dominican Republic, USA, Cuba, Panama, Chile, Ecuador, among others. In 2013 the race included about 40 locals, plus USA, Dominican Republic, Cuba to name a few. Of course the local racers were many more than International racers but what do you expect.

In that race even though the title sponsor was a tire manufacturer ANY tire brand could be used. I have never been to a race in GT class that needed a new set of tire per qualifyer, no matter the brand. I normally use super soft or 35 shore tires for qualifier and the use either soft or medium for 1 hour main. Then the tire that was used for the main I use for practice and most of the times the qualifiers tire I can use in another race. I don't care what tire brand is used but if you need more that one or 2 sets and those are junk after 1 race something is not right in your set up.