R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 07:54 AM
hacker07
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alport78
Losi released new 3.0 E. Check redrc!
What do you think about the differences from a converted 3.0 ?
We updated quite a few things and most of the center chassis between the front and rear clips is new. We also made new front and rear shock towers with the extra camber mounting holes in them already for your use.

This is the first electric specific vehicle in the 8th scale market TLR has put out. The chassis, side guards, chassis braces, center diff top, motor mount, servo mount(comes with two, one for indoor and one for outdoor), and battery tray are all new. The battery is now on the chassis as is the ESC. The servo mounts firmly with 4 screws now instead of just two. The battery has a lot of movement that you can adjust to your driving style. We include a holder for running 2 shorty style packs and many do for indoor now. We have 5 hole pistons for indoor use and you can use the standard 8 hole pistons from the nitro as well still. It includes everything you want and then some and the vehicle is very good.

Originally Posted by goldy
As I expected really, scte 2.0 on steroids. Glad i have waited. I know it's early days but could someone confirm the 2.0 bodies will still fit, it looks very similar.
The 2.0 body goes on it although it still does not have the clearance you really need for todays batteries. It will not tuck nicely into the side guards and fit with Velcro though but it should get you through until your new body is all painted up.