R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - OFNA GT-V2e 1/8 GT
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 09:30 PM
Jspeed
Tech Elite

Marcus,
I actually agree with some of your post, not all, but some, holy cow! Lol.

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Do some research on F1 and pay attention to what they do on the bottom of the car.
The underpinnings of an F1 car are essential for F1 style racing, but drag racing & top-speed running are a different animal. F1 cars still race thru switchbacks, chicanes, sweeper turns, dog legs and track racing stuff like that. F1 cars are not top-speed run cars.

If an F1 car raced against a Bonneville Salt Lake top-speed run cars, it would lose a lot of the time, lol.

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Extended wings hanging off the back will work better than anything sticking up including gurney flaps which are designed for downforce by creating drag, both of which are the enemy for all out speed.
Top-speed running GT bodies not only need to lower drag coefficient and control lift, there’s also vibration oscillations from the rotating mass of gears/shafts/bearings/tires & stuff.

Top-speed GT cars also have to deal with horizontal wind shear the car can experience at the insane mph speeds some of these brushless cars go.

The two “winglets” or “shark fins” on the Warrior work using the same physics principles found on most jet planes, the Blue Flame or a NASA rocket; they all have “fins” to help keep them going straight and not flipping out.

A lot of the fastest GT top-speed runners say the Warrior feels more “locked-in” over 100 mph and that’s good safety feature too. It could be tragic if somebody got hurt by an out of control toy car. So, the Warrior's fins are a good thing.

A floor pan would be very cool, a friend made a nice looking carbon fiber set-up for my IGT2 once.

It looked awesome and felt really good on the track under my Warrior, glued feeling, but they got damaged real quick.

They would be excellent if made with plastic injection, the plastic wouldn’t shatter and not weigh very much. Anything else brittle or heavy would suck, lol

Make some plastic ones, yourself and sell them!