R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 racing new F1
Thread: 3 racing new F1
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 08:11 PM
gerb89
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by theatriks
Ok guys im putting together a list as i would like to order everything at once ..here is my list and if you guys have any opinions on what i should and shouldnt get that would be helpful

..............so far im gonna purchase:

1.3racing fgx kit
2.exotek efx v2
3.aluminum steering rack
4.exotek IFS adapter
5.3racing IFS set
6.probably gonna buy all aluminum hop ups...bulkheads ..etc...

i have also read that i would need stronger kingpins and stronger front arms...

im not sure on tires and rims

i know hpi f10 or wheels for the tamiya 201 will work....and heard the grooved shimizus arent that good ...so what tire wheel combo do i need to run shimizu slicks?

if theres anything you guys think i should add or subtract from this list please let me know....thanks!
I have a couple of questions for you.

#1 Are you going to be racing on carpet or asphalt? I assume you are running on asphalt since you want rubber tires and not foam. If carpet then the graphite chassis is a good choice, but if you are going to be running on asphalt I would stick to the stock chassis. The graphite chassis is far to rigid for asphalt.

#2 Are there other guys where you are racing at that are running FGX's with IFS? If there are and they are running better than the other F1's then I would also get the IFS, but if not you might want to hold out on the IFS. Although it is super scale to have it, one of the nice things about not having it is ease of setup. I like to keep things a simple as possible till someone else does all the hard work of figuring out the setup.

As far as "all the aluminum hop ups" remember that aluminum is heavier than plastic and also doesn't flex. Trying to keep the weight down will have you running faster laps in the end.

I would stick with the stock rims that are made by 3racing for rubber tires and then ask around to see what other guys are running.

The one upgrade I would highly suggest is the adjustable front arms by exotek along with the lower arm stiffeners. These will greatly enhance the durability of your FGX. I would also get the fast gear set and the ball diff.

Happy racing and good luck!