R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 07:35 PM
ttsquirrel
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 6376vette
You are correct. push the arm in and it stays in. You want enough fluid in the shock so you don't have any air but not so much to create pressure when the shock moves. your springs are meant to provide the rebound to push the tires back down to the ground. the fluid is there to dampen the compression and extension of the shock shaft. the fluid shouldn't provide any rebound of its own. only damping.

I have found that the sakura likes a soft rear end with a stiffer front. try the 6.0 in the rear with the 5.5 or 5.25 in the front to start if you are running 17.5. Don't be afraid to go 6.5 in the rear to really soften things up. if you are running 25.5 vta I would go with the 6.5 rear and a 5.75 or 6.0 in the front. 21.5 would be somewhere in the middle. I would start with a 40 wt oil on the 3 hole piston for summer running. maybe a 30 wt oil in the cooler temps. if it seems like the suspension is moving too fast and bottoming out then try the 2 hole piston with the 40wt. of course the individual track conditions will have a lot to do with shock oil and spring choice but this should get you close.
great information and makes perfect sense. otherwise, how would you know what different springs do if you have rebound affecting what the springs are supposed to do?

thanks vette. just guessing but if you have a 63 and 76 corvette, those years are definitely some of the best looking vettes in its history.

as far as the springs go, what brand is the best for the zero?

TTS