R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 07-29-2013, 06:05 PM
BlackedOutREVO
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MDawson
With the higher temps it helps to 'bake' the tweak in. Avoid heading out with greasy tires. The SJR inserts are like gold! Stick with that tire/insert package but look at other wheels that give you more air gap. A little trial and error. But a couple of measurements with a caliper will quickly sort out which of the wheels can give you sufficient inner diameter to clear our suspension cups (po1/po2) and an outer diameter that will provide more air gap. The hard wheel vs. soft wheel - i tend to like the hard wheels. The soft wheels in higher temps tend to get mushy.

Even a 10 degree swing can send a track to ice.
By "baking the tweak in" do you mean using warmers and then letting the tires cool down before running? Or hitting the track with the tires warmed up also? What about cleaning the tires, do the same thing I normally do, or should that change for the heat also?

I'll have to measure all my wheels to see which gives me the most air gap.

Originally Posted by radioriodio
Hello to all,
here is another question:

how do you set your ESC in modified?

What are the differences respect to the regulation of the ESC for a classic touring?

For example, I use a HW 2.1 with a GM5.5 and 8.4 FDR,
in your opinion what would be a good base setup that does not put in crisis the car's traction?

P.S.: sorry for my google translator english
Are you running on asphalt or carpet?

I run the same esc, I usually start with the punch on 3 and go from there depending on the track layout and traction. I'd reccomend you run some drag brake too, 20% is a good starting point.