R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2013, 02:05 AM
cannon
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Boons
Hi all
So first night using my M05 last night at my indoor carpet track. I went quite well but would now like to discuss my findings. My car is equipped as follows

TRF shocks with 3 hole pistons, built as per instruction, 600cst oil in the front, 500cst in the rear, blue springs on the front, yellow on the rear, adjustable upper arms on the rear with a 1mm spacer in between, a 2mm spacer in between the front steering arms, M grip tyres all around (club rules allow standard or m grip 60d tyres) silver can motor with 20t pinion (club rules). The ride height is about 5 or 6mm. I also have the front suspension hanger that allows the shocks to be stood up. I use the outer hole.

I have the 3 racing alloy steering set up with the arms in the front holes, shimmed to be level at ride height, and a high torque servo saver. I haven't done the super glue trick on the edge of the front tyres but here's what I found. The car was quite sensitive with lots of steering, it wasn't uncontrollable but wasn't as forgiving as the M03 I used a couple of times a few weeks ago. I could turn my car on full lock flat out and it didn't roll, but it does 'tripod' and lift its rear wheel, it has that trying to stop itself turn in whilst lifting the rear wheel if you know what I mean. Guys at the club suggested the glue trick but I wonder if the car needs dropping further or more?

Good fun though, even if my lap times were 1 sec down from the battered, friction shock equipped M03 I used the other week........

One last thing, some guys used the O rings behind the shock pivot balls??

Thanks all!
Try standard tyres on the front and M grips on the rear ... or ... worn M grips on the front and new M grips on the rear.

Try turning down your steering exponential on your radio to stop sensitivity on the steering