R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spec-R R1
Thread: Spec-R R1
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 12:39 PM
AustinH
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all, I already asked a bunch of questions regarding the spec r r1 a lot of months back. I just want to know if there is anything that I should watch out for, now that people have a little bit more time on their cars. I have been reading this thread a lot and have read that people have been having problems with parts rubbing, parts breaking, parts not fitting exactly right. I plan on getting some dcj's or whatever there called nowadays to get rid of the vibration in the front suspension. Even with this upgrade, is there still excessive vibration or will the upgrade fix it? I race on carpet with wood and plastic barriers. I don't want durability to be an issue. What attracted me to this car originally was the price tag. Will this price tag stand or should I just spend the extra money getting an xray t3 or t4. Btw I will most likely have to get parts shipped so I don't want to be having to ship parts every week or so because I broke. I guess my last two questions would be do the diffs leak and would you recommend this car? I have been having problems with spec r diffs leaking a crazy amount. Sorry for all the questions.

-Austin