R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 06:56 PM
AntiGooch
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Y'all,

I'd appreciate some help/guidance for a problem i am having with two new Reventon Stock Club Race ESCs with 17.5 Fixed Endbell motors. I bought these to put in my sons' XXX-SCTs.

I installed the first one, and set up the transmitter. However, i do not get any throttle/brake response from the esc. I know the transmitter is working (its the Losi 2.4 Ghz that came with the trucks) as the steering is fine. The orange LED is on solid, and the red LED is blinking. During transmitter setup the motor 'beeps' as i believe it is supposed to.

Thinking i might have a bad motor, i opened the second esc/motor set. I tried the 1st motor with the 2nd speed control. This time, i turned on the esc before setting up the transmitter, and with the transmitter off. The motor ran a bit. Then i tried setting up the transmitter with the second esc, and got the same lack of throttle/brake activity as with the first.

I tried all the other combos of ESC/motor/sensor wire that i could between the two with the same effect.

What am i doing wrong? Is there a setup step i am missing? The trucks were working fine with the stock Losi ESC (but i got tired of having to clean the motors ) What could the potential problem be?

Sorry for the long post, but i would greatly appreciate help. I have two sad sons right now

EDIT: I'd like to add that i used a charged and known good Lipo, and new sensor wires.

Last edited by AntiGooch; 07-19-2013 at 06:58 PM. Reason: More Info