R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 01:44 AM
Granpa
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Boons
I was looking at the set up from rc-mini.net

I was reading this guys set up. I am open to suggestions though so thank you for your replies! I guess it's a lot of trial and error!
The rc-mini site is one of the best things around. You really can't go too far wrong following their advice.

The point I was trying to make was that there some Mini axioms out there that just aren't true. I just picked on the "arms level" one cause it happened to be in your post. Some of these just drive me crazy cause I see people doing this kind of stuff all the time.

Suppose now that you dutifully set up your car so the arms were level. Let's say that you take the car to the track and you determine that you need to lower the back of the car. Guess what, your arms are no longer level. If you raise or lower the front of the car, again your arms are no longer level. Ride height adjustments are one of the more valuable tuning tools and if you painstakingly made sure the arms were level, they aren't going to stay that way for long. If this is true, and it is, why bother???? Would it not be better to set the ride height you want and forget all about this arms level stuff?????

Minis are a really simple little car. After you "play" with them for awhile, they'll pretty much talk to you and tell you what they need. What makes a Mini tough sometimes is that it can take a whole lot of work to make a simple little adjustment. And yes, it takes a whole lot of trial and error before they start talking to you.