R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team C 1/8 GT car
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 05:28 AM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Joe Kimble
Hi! I think the gauges that go with the blocks should have the 0 mark at the same hight as the hight of the block.
Just a little remark concerning the droop gauges. Those things actually give a downstop value, not a droop value. If I am not mistaken the droop is the amount of vertical travel from the ride high position to the point where wheels lift from ground. Indeed the droop has to be set with the downstop screws once the ride high is set, which is why I believe the gauges are called droop gauges.
Yes this is true, it can be confusing! I rarely mess with droop and in my opinion it is usually used to limit traction on either end. Since this car is flat and GT cars tend to "roll" alot you dont need to be too critical with it. At the byrons event i had to increase droop in the rear on sunday because grip was getting really high and the inside rear tire was starting to rise on the higher speed turns which was making the rear lose traction and spin. This was common with pretty much everyone. I turned the rear droop screws 1/2 turn out and it went away.