R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2013, 05:11 PM
RiseRC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile Setup

Originally Posted by Cspencer225
I have a rtr and i am trying to get alot more steering out of it. light on power steering is about a 6 to 8 foot turning radius. I have the stock setup with the front 1.5x2 35wt losi hole up front, 1.5x3 30wt hole in the rear, 20 gram exotek weight under the servo.Ive tried ball diff to see if helps but about the same as gear diff. Ive tried shorty and long packs all the way to the servo. Running indoor in clay. Ribs gave the most steering and rears had hole shots, and suburbs. Is there a setup to start with that gives more steering.
Here is my setup, its a easy drive setup for indoor clay. Tires are the most important. Up front I like scurbs when i need more steering, Suburbs when i need a relaxed steering feel. Rear i use Suburb and if i need a less grip I run suburb slicks.

Most of the time if you have a issue with not enough on power steering its because you have to much rear traction. Easy steps to try to gain more on power are: Moving your rear hubs back, Lowering your inside camber link down are easy ways to gain more steering.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	MikeHTopgearDex210.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	336.9 KB
ID:	1088595