R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Cameron Kellogg
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg
Thanks to all of the MurfDogg Team Drivers who keep the RCTECH Boards up to date for me. I just do not have time to be on 5 RC Forums all day every day, and chose RCTECH as one to leave to my racers, as we have such great company reps on here taking care of us!

That said, our latest batch of SPEC motors has been running real strong, and we have been improving our "Blinky" Mode stuff as that has been the trend in the past 18-24 months. Once we get back to racing against motors that are actually held to ROAR's rulebook, we will be a threat to be reckoned with for sure.

Some of you may not be aware of our latest release. Well, here it is!

The "OUTLAW 17.5"
We have been working on our new 17.5 Turn "OUTLAW" Spec Motor for classes and tracks that are allowing the 17.5 turn motors that are not ROAR Approved to compete. This motor is IDENTICAL to our ROAR Approved SYNERGY 17.5 Turn motor, except it has larger diameter wire than the ROAR Maximum. The wire is the same size as the D3.5 17.5 motor.

With a large number of tracks allowing these motors to compete, even after ROAR came to the conclusion that the wire diameter was larger than legal limits, we felt it was necessary to offer a similar motor. There is less chance of being competitive with a 100% ROAR Legal motor against a motor that is built with a clear advantage. Now that we have our new "OUTLAW" motor, once again, the playing field can be level. In testing, these motors have been very strong in Offroad, TC and Oval racing.

The "OUTLAW 17.5" Motor is easily identifiable to tech inspectors as they are clearly marked as "NOT ROAR LEGAL", right on the can. This makes teching this motor easy as possible.

All MurfDogg OUTLAW 17.5 Motors will come blueprinted, with rotor and stator numbers, properly shimmed, and are built with our 12.5mm ROAR SPEC Approved High Torque neodymium sintered rotor.

Available Now - Part # S-175OUT - $100 Street Price
SWEET! Race one or Chase one.