R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class
Old 07-02-2013, 07:47 AM
hitcharide1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hm

Originally Posted by howardcano
As I get older, I find that my finishing position is less important. As long as I'm having a good race with someone, then I'm happy.

I used to run my pan car with the 2WD and 4WD cars in club races. Despite the fact that I had the only pan car, I could always keep up with at least one other car!
I don't worry about where I finish...I've got my share of wins in the past, and even if I didn't, as I get older and my perspective improves, winning just doesn't matter as much.

However....lol....I don't want to be the guy 20 laps down getting in the way. Pan is a good equalizer and more like it used to be, partly about speed, but mostly about consistency and durability. And it's a lot of fun. Being able to build a car from scratch using parts we made ourselves and then go out on the track and be able to keep up is sweet. No way could I do that in 4wd. We've got a good bunch in pan, it's more about getting in some laps and having fun....again, if you've got a pan, come have some FUN. If there's anything you're lacking to make it happen, post here and see if one of us has it handy, we'll do what we can to help.