R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am [PICS & PAINT Discussion ONLY!!!]
Old 07-01-2013, 11:18 PM
SWTour
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

we have on Oddball that is a pro sponsored driver that laps everyone using a $800 sedan Asmomatrix. Some racers are shying away since the have NO CHANCE to win.

What do you guys think?
I Think VTA is one of The Coolest Classes around - Chances are if the guy in question is as good as you describe - he'd hand most people their butts w/ a $99.00 Clone kit too.

You can't beat SMOOTH with anything but Smoother. I'd look at his lap times, don't look at the SECONDS, because I'd bet if he's Smooth - the seconds are pretty much ALL the same, probably don't even look at the .1's, but go all the way to the .01's to get an idea what kind of variance he's getting.

To criticize a guys reasons for wanting to run in a class that's billed as one of the MOST FUN Classes to race in is crazy - He's a RACER and a R/C Guy - and there must be something in the class he either finds FUN and/or CHALLENGING - Strive to beat your own personal BEST lap times and consistency - because if your WINNING solely because your competition SUCKS - is it really WINNING?