R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Ultima RB6 & RB6.6 Car Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2013, 02:23 PM
t8rtot
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Orion_2kTC
I'm starting to think that my first 2WD Buggy will be an RB6. I plan on starting with the 17.5 class and moving up to mod when I'm confident. I'm curious on a couple things.

Is the build and manual simple enough that I can build this? I've never assembled any RC cars before but I have worked on a Losi 8Ight-E

I've heard that the various aluminum steering parts from Exotek are recommended for strength and stability. I would also probably buy the CF towers and battery holders. What other suggestions would you folks make? Link to Exotek for convenience! I'll take other brand recommendations too.

http://www.exotekracing.com/kyosho/

The shocks that come with the stock kit, are they the "velvet" shocks that everyone seems to swoon over? They're not advertised as such. If not, are they still good?

I've been reading info from this thread for a while now and while the RB6 is an expensive car, I believe in quality. This car has the look I want, the features I want, and seems to be built with quality in mind. Local parts support is there to a point but in this internet age, it doesn't bother me if I have to order from amain or other sites.
you can build it, just take your time. i would get the steering rack, don't worry about the carbon fiber, car doesn't need it, invest in alum hangers.

the shocks are velvet and they are the best.

build it, drool over it, wipe it off, start with the kit setup and race it