R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 06-25-2013, 06:27 PM
F N CUDA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cadman1981
Hey guys, Thanks for all the tire tips. but i'm still having a really hard time getting my car to stick. Actually, all of us are struggling.

We tried Ride R1s and Pit Shimizu 573 front 575 rears, we can't get the cars to stop spinning out just accelerating! lol We race with 4wd Sedan's and Minis, they use Sorex 28s, and they have grip galore, but the 8 F1 guys are practically on ice...

I use my F104v2 with a full length battery, and a carbon rear axel. Everything is as soft as can be in the rear, but i'm box stock in setup except for ride height, and no binding of my 21.5 motor wires. I'm planning on putting back the metal axel, and using a shorty lipo positioned more forward.

I've checked my tweak, the car is true. What do you guys suggest? What info would you guys need to help us?
Are all 8 of you running the same chassis and struggling?

I'd say if you are sure you've done all you can to get the rear stuck, soft center and side springs, light oil center (20w for me) and side damper (I like 2000), perfect diff build/parts/setting, rear ride height lower than front, weighted rear (for me) and best tire sauce available (rear only at first) THEN take away steering.
Many get the car to stick pretty well then complain of not enough steering and add camber/caster, change to hot rod ride height (low front end), soft front springs etc. then complain of no rear grip.
Just sayin. Sometimes ya just gotta say WTF.