R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 06-23-2013, 06:09 PM
Losiho
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anyone had a V3 / 3.1 shut down for no reason ?

Yesterday I had a club meeting, racing 21.5 boosted with a new HW 3.1. I copied the existing settings from my V3 to the 3.1, and I know the motor & ESC were never run too hot (the ambient temp was about 8 degrees C max. during the day).

The V3.1 worked perfectly for the 2 qualies and the first two finals. In the last final, I got on the driver's stand and did my warm up lap as usual. There's a tight corner before the main straight where I tap the brakes before the entry of the corner. As soon as I tapped the brakes, the car stopped dead. No steering, no throttle, nothing. I call out to the marshall to retrieve my car, and when I inspect it, I hear the cooling fan (hardwired straight to the ESC) still running, but the ESC has shut off. My final was starting in 20 seconds, so I switch the ESC on, race up the driver's stand and rush to the starting grid just in time. The buzzer sounds, the race is on, and the ESC seems to be working normally, but when I get to the same corner again where I tap the brakes, exactly the same thing happens and the ESC shuts down. I pulled my car off as I didn't trust it anymore. Did not manage to complete one lap in the last final.

I got home, did a re-bind on my M12 transmitter, set the LVC on the V3.1 ESC to "off" (it was set to 3.2V) and all seemed to be ok, but I can't be certain until I get it to the track again.

Anyone have any ideas ?