R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EAMotorsports discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 04:53 PM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally posted by berger
Got my motors this morning, thanks to EA and Mr Jolly For a large indoor carpet track, im thinking of starting off at about 27.5mm/rev. This sound about right for the monster based motor? I think i was running about 26 with a standard quad magnet monster last time i was racing carpet anyway. Cant you clear up what the figures on the printouts mean, from the looks of it the rpm is very low, but i know that wont be the case when i solder it into my car. My quad magnet makes around 31k rpm and 113w on the cs dyno.
Berger,

The CS dyno will show more RPM than the printout with the motor you got from Mr. Jolly. The CS uses a free load to (other than the flywheel) to produce numbers....Something a motor in an RC car NEVER sees on the track. The RPM on the prinout is at each load....not free spinning. Its always under a load of some sort. This is why I chose to go with the Turbo Dyno. You can set the loads at different amp levels to simulate the load your car will see on the track. A stock TC with 6 cells will pull around 20 amps on the straights and 28-30 amps out of the corners. BUT they can be much higher in really high bite and in excess of 100 amps if you hit a wall and such.

So in general just pick the motor with the best wattage and torque at 20, 28 and 30 amps. If you have two motors that have the exact same numbers at those then pick the one with the higher RPM.

Hope this helps

Happy T day to all!!

EA

EA