R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - $30 motor brushes anyone?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 12:06 AM
OleC
Tech Addict

Guys, I bet these are the same or VERY similar to the CS High silver Powermax brushes that I was talking about on this forum a few months back. Do a search to dig up the info from then.

These brushes are a great investment!

My experience with these brushes:

I run 12T modified as this is the limit here in Europe (not for much longer though). With the batteries we have today we can most of the time get away with timing the motors to the max. So I do that…

I have used these brushes on several motors (Orion Core, Reedy Kr, Reedy Ti, Hudy Crome….). What this brush does is putting a layer of “silver coating” on the comm. This layer prevents comm. Wear and prolongs brush life. This is the best explanation I have anyway.

I have run over 50 packs through an Orion Core 12X1 with max timing without any significant performance loss. I then skimmed the comm (one pass) and it was back to 100% perfect surface. The brushes were slightly shorter but just as silver and shiny as new. These brushes does not get discoloured! I’ve tried to kill them to see how much punishment they can handle. But no, they can anything I’ve put them through.

I’ve been told that these brushes were developed for racing on extremely large Europeean tracks in extreme heat. I don’t know if this is the case but I’m pretty sure they would be perfect for that.

Yes, this brush is expensive. The only store how have them around here sells them for around 20USD (today’s exchange rate). But compare them with regular brushes and do the math…

So quiting RC because it got cheaper? Yea, that sounds like good idea...

Last edited by OleC; 11-25-2004 at 12:13 AM.