R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 06:42 PM
wollow86
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamThibault
if someone has made zero S to xi could they post info & pics
So I got the car as a fairly hopped up Zero, alloy bulk heads, CF upper etc.

It was still running the standard zero s lower, and the plastic layshaft mount (although it had the v2mm, the owner had ordered the one for the zero).

Currently, the car is running all the zero hop ups with the exclusions of: Lower deck, rear arms, rear bulk head cover, front and rear towers and motor mount. These are all from (or for) the XI.

The car is using the front alu bulk head cover on the rear, with the XI front and rear towers in standard height. Instead of using the narrow rear suspension mounts, the car is using XI rear arms with the standard alu suspension mounts.

The only modification you need to make at all is the motor mount root arm hole, and its dependant on which motor mount you use.

If you use a zero or zero s lower deck, with a XI motor mount, you need to move the motor mount root arm hole REAWARD by 3mm. If you use an XI lower deck with a zero or zero s motor mount, you need to move the motor mount root arm hole FORWARD 3mm. If you use the right mount with the right deck, then its all good.

Only other area to watch is if your using the Zero/s bulk heads then you need to use the zero/s top deck. If you use the XI bulk heads, then you need to use the XI topdeck. Also, the XI bulk head covers do not fit the zero/s bulk heads and visa versa.

Other then that, everything is interchangeable.

Hybrid with XI Lower, and XI v2 MM. This is great for blinky, no gearing restriction. I did need to file a little off the motor mount to prevent it tweaking the top deck, the zero bulk heads may be slightly lower then the XI, I've never measured though.

XI Lower and XI v2mm, you can see where the hole is moved to accept the zero/s motor mount.