R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2013, 04:51 PM
Human
Tech Adept

If I may interrupt!

In the past my RC habit was confined to racing SC Slash. I've not touched my Slash in 4 years or so. Getting the itch to get back to running RC and racing. Initial itch was for carpet racing but it's non-existent in my area. Literally. So I started to look around at something that would fit my schedule. There seems to be some local VTA racing.

Given the following - what say you as far as advice:

1. I need a VTA car. I don't currently have an older car to turn into one so a purchase will be made specifically for VTA

2. I will not (read refuse) to purchase via Ebay and the used market has zero appeal to me - purchase will be a brand new car.

3. Purchase is to be for VTA only - car won't be doing double duty in any other style of racing.

4. While I agree with the seemingly more laid back style and drive of my local VTA racing - I want to win/be competitive. There will be a budget but it's not very strict so to speak. I don't mind spending money.

As I read more and more the AE TC3/4 seems to be the VTA car that most guys were running. Would you advise I simply purchase a new TC4 and have at it or could/should I go TC6.1 ? It's basically local/club racing and the rules are heavily focused on motive power/electronics and body style. So as I see it - car set up and driving is where a person gains a competitive advantage. Which car would do that for me or should a guy just buy a TC4?