R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Cackswayn
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minisloth
Hello,

Very new to the forums so I have tried to search for this prior to posting so if I have missed someone else already talking about this I apologize in advance of getting flamed.

I just finished the kit build and it went well but I am now putting an engine in this beast and have been purchased the Castle Mamba Monster 2.0 1/8th Scale 2650kv. Then I can use it for both racing by adjusting the 16T pinion gear up to a 20T and use a 2s or 3s lipo depending on racing or out bashing around.

However I am getting conflicting information if this setup would end up tearing apart the truck. Some say the SCTE 2.0 is overbuilt and will easily handle that setup even up to a 4s Lipo on it. Others say the 3s will cause damage by being just too much torque from that motor. So I thought I would ask the opinions of those here.

I don't have alot of other options for motors and I already own this one and can not return it now. However I don't want to destroy this nice build either.

Anyways thats my question would love to know peoples opinions and Thanks in advance.

-Minis
That motor might not fit because of the side guards. My Tekin 3500 HD barely clears the mud guards with a 16T pinion. I ran a T8 1900 on 4s for a few months on the 1.0 (same drive train) and I noticed the pins in the cvds wear much faster. I also ran the T8 2650 on 2s for a year or so and never had a drive train failure. The SCTE was not built for 1/8 power...