R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2013, 06:18 AM
steveonamission
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sosidge
I was at West London earlier this season for the BRCA Clubmans, only 17.5 so no power, but handling was not a concern on that day, if anything the car had slight understeer. You are welcome to the setup if you want it. Pretty sure it was on the 2.5mm flex chassis.

Having said that, when you say that the car would lose traction doing figure of eights behind the start line, I can't help but think that there is a mechanical issue in there somewhere. I don't like the kit shocks so I would pay extra attention to the build of them to make sure the damping is smooth throughout the stroke. It also sounds like the front end is biting a bit soon so I would go up a spring and run heavier damper oil up there.
It did at points sometimes feel it was a mechanical issue, but I checked everything, for instance that wishbones dropped under there own weight, roll bars lifted each wishbone correctly, nothing else was binding. Shock wise the damping did feel quite stiff for 350cst, but I put it down to the 1.0 pistons. What shock length are people running? Maybe that's my problem, who knows.

I could take a look at your setup, wouldn't harm, is it on your blog? It's a good read.