R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 06:41 AM
j.d.roost
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Put some laps on the rdrp +11 chassis lastnight (carpet).
Car lost a bit of steering (as expected) compaired to the dimec soft +8 but was MUCH smoother. Jumping was very level and the car soaked up landings with less rear bounce then I had with the previous chassis.
Lap timing system was not on so I can't tell if the car was any faster...but it felt much easier to drive. I was also able to run into entry deeper without it traction rolling..This may be do to loosing some steering or the extra weight of the aluminum chassis...Will work on setup this weekend to try and gain back some mid rotation. Was on the fence with this chassis (I don't have deep pockets)...very glad I purchased it.

Wanted to add that I broke a rear shock (dented a body) and tossed on my b4.2 set. If the 4.2 shocks were a bit longer they would be a viable option for this car.. There is enough clearance to push through a metric bolt through the bottom ball socket..Up top you need to use the AE standoff/bolt and a 2mm spacer. The shocks worked very good and the car cornered like it was on rails...If I had more droop I would assume it would have jumped better.
Might work good with a lowered shock tower.

Last edited by j.d.roost; 06-07-2013 at 06:58 AM.