R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Durango DEX210 Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2013, 05:37 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I just started building my DEX210 last night. I have it built up to the start of the transmission. So far the build has gone perfectly so far with no real hang ups. I really slowed down some when doing the steering knuckles and caster block assembly to make sure I have all setup correctly. Its nice with all those changes you can make but its also I see very easy to get something wrong to so I paid special attention to those areas so far. Tranny is up next so I will make sure I take my time building the diff and getting everything in correctly.

Only thing that was minor is I have the Durango rear aluminum hubs and the toe in inserts fit super tight so I doubt I will be changing those out too much. Plus the ball stud is a little long so until I get ones with shorter threads I will either cut mine down a little or will keep 2mm of spacers under the ball stud which is what I might want to do. Need to see what the difference between the plastic rear hub vs the new aluminum ones I have.

I did put on the STRC new front 4mm graphite front shock tower and aluminum camber link mounts. Very nice and a perfect fit. Will AC the graphite tonight just to give it an even nicer look and to keep from splintering.

Still not sure on what oils, pistons and springs I want to run yet but will figure that out tonight.