View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #9261
wtcc
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by imajerky View Post
I have a few set up questions, trying to figure out what does what and comparing them to set ups sheets just posted. On Rick H's set up sheet, Norcal is a higher traction surface. What affect does going from 0 to 3 on the arm mounts create? Lower roll center I assume, as you are raising the arms but would like some other input. Contrasting Rick's Norcal to Bob S.'s setup, Bob is running 1 std in front 0 offset in back on the rear arms but added 1.5 mil in shims to the front, going for less toe. What is the difference between offset and std degreewise? Last question, running 1 std in front and 0 offset in back would create antisquat, correct? I usually run offroad so it makes more sense when you want to unlock the rear during onpower. Are there ever cases where you run prosquat Rick? Low traction?
As I have problems with this subject as well I looked for help. AE had a very good but short essay in its TC5 manual:

http://www.teamassociated.com/manuals/TC5/

Look on page 26 for answers. How this in the end transfers on your car, track and setup can not be answered in theory. I for myself did test the front axle adjustments in a row and found anti-dive in combination with my setup brings more steering...