R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Cup Racer 1M
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 09:06 PM
forty2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarerraRSeattle
Ok guys,

I've been a Porsche owner for almost 20 years having owned a 1982 911SC and a 1998 993 CarreraS and will routinely do my own brake work. This year marks the 50th year of the 911. I can inform you that every year of the air-cooled 911 from 1963 to today that the brakes are leading at both the front and rear axles. These pictures are just quickie snap shots of the 993 calipers leading front and rear and my Cup Racer.

Your Cup Racer is your car and you can do whatever you please but I just had to state the case for Porsche brakes.
I'm not looking to get in an internet pissing match here, but if there's one car I know better than any other, it's the '73 RSR.

From the time I was born until I was 12 I lived across the street from a guy that owned a Porsche repair shop in Portland, OR and raced a 1973 930 RSR. I spent hours and hours in his home shop just staring at car and memorizing every detail. I know that car inside out and backwards. The rear calipers when looked at from the left side are in the 2 o'clock position and a quick Google image search backs me up on that.

Newer RSR (the only reason I know this one is because the first time I saw it it jumped out at me that the brakes were exactly the opposite):

BTW - If you go to the local Porsche club track meets there's a good chance we know a handful of the same people. My cousin has and a group of his friends all go pretty regularly. If you know a ~5' tall former motorcycle racer with a '94 Tagra, that's my cousin.