R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 06:15 AM
ruebiracer
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Laguna Bozo
Matthis,
No punishment from me. Your explanation of shock rebound is excellent! I had to re-read your theory part a few times to really get your meaning (Sorry, my slow, not your words), and I like it - a lot.
Sosidge, you did good too until the last part, more complicated than just spring rate.
Yes, the way Grandpa and Jim use rebound is normal here. What you're calling rebound, I call "pull-back".
OK, Matthis, you address spring play at full droop, which most shock set-ups have (little to a lot), and how pull-back on the shaft will eliminate this play. Shocks with no (or little as possible) rebound do pull-back at full extension on that outside wheel, which should make the car corner a bit flatter. Brilliant!
OK, I can be easily impressed sometimes, and I am curious about some of those darn variables. But for now, should we all run down to the workshop and build the most rebound-less shocks we can?
Keep it up guys, this is great!
Bozo
Thanks for your kind words, Bozo!
Itīs even quite complicated to tell In German, but I tried my best to say it in English...
Thanks also for your explanation on pull back! I always had the feeling that most of the guys out there describe rebound as the returning of the piston rod out of the shock body. I have to think more about basketball "rebound" when looking at this.

Now letīs try some shock builds, as you say!

BR,
Matthias