R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2004, 07:32 PM
429racer
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally posted by Doug Gaut
429RACER, have you ran a CRC car? How does it compare to the Hammer? I looked at one of those conversion kits last weekend that Jamie was building. Reminded me of the old HPI F1 kit. Did you have the orange with yellow striped 1/12 last weekend that lead some of the 3rd A-main?
Yeah that was me that lad the 3rd Amain till I got hooked in traffic LOL. Oh Well. Last weekend was mt first race with the Hammer car and I loved it. At first I was having issues with the car then after awhile I got some of the bugs worked out and got faster. The car is setup very sensitive. My old CRC car was fast and easy to drive, but was never reactive as this car. The Hammer keeps you driving the car and never a dull moment. I think the Hammer car tweaks a little more in an accident than the CRC. Overall I like the Hammer kit and will definitely continue with it. Jamie is definitely a pretty good guy and he was trying to figure out his car all weekend. I figured mine out just a little too late. You were pretty fast in 12th (well of course you won).