R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HOBBYWING STOCK SUPERCHARGED SOFTWARE
Old 05-21-2013, 06:26 AM
vitomon
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TryHard
I would strongly suggest dropping the boost end RPM, to closer to 30,000, and adding more of it. 60,000 you'll only ever get close too at the end of the rev range, by which time it's doing diddly squat, as the turbo would have taken over by then (very very very unlikely you'll hit 60,000rpm without getting full throttle basically).

As a good baseline, have a look at the worlds settings from Andy Moore (here) that are up on the Hobbywing site. Very good reference points to use, and what I base my settings on, although need to be a little different due to the rather grunty ProAmps motor's I'm using.

HiH
Ed
thx ed. tried it at the last ETS race in apeldoorn = long straight
ended up with the boost from 14000-38000. dont know how much degrees are set now for boost and turbo (marc fisher set the speedo for me) but speed was great and unexpectely still very smooth bottom power. i think it was overall very close to andys setup from the worlds in the end. used a thunderpower 4.5T geared 1:8,0 and 20deg timing on the motor with fan. weather was very cold (15°c) so motor temps were not an issue.