R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 05-13-2013, 09:36 PM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Pictures speak louder than words.
what you say could be true but i predicted exactly what was going to happen when i tested today. I just purchased those tires from TQ last week, the TCS set i used last season (8mths ago) were purchased from RCH which gets their tire through Tower. Rob you say that you are "pretty sure" which means that you really cant say with 100% accuracy that they are. I am saying with 100% accuracy that they are not the same.

Ok so lets say that they are the same then whats your opinion on what happened today? If it were a messed up batch then why do both 572's have the wave and not just one? Maybe you or anyone could post a pic of a TCS tire with the wave? Do you not agree that the tires i ran today are different? Even if it is a bad batch they are still different are they not?

FYI i build molds and you cant remove the TCS logo, it is a different mold for the TCS tires. The TCS logo protrudes outward so the mold has "TCS" machined into it. just a little information from a CNC machinist
Ok I will post pictures of my tires, which I have done the same paragon stripe. Now my tires are newer TCS tires, and a set of pits which are over 1 1/2 years old. They have been in a plastic bag for most of that time since I was mostly racing TC last summer and I have been using TCS tires lately to be TCS legal. Both tires have a bunch of carpet runs on them. Both took paragon gfx pretty much the same way, I have 2 photos 15 min apart.

The reason I say the tires are not different is to what length is this helpful to Tamiya or Pit? I have talked to the person who initiated the rebadge face to face and he told me they are 571 and 572 tires. Why did he lie to me?

As far as molds, I was specifically told by a friend who worked at Hobbico and developed projects for them that rubber tire molds can be made in that fashion. He worked with the Chinese vendors on tires among other things. I guess he was not telling the truth either.

http://s474.photobucket.com/user/rjv...333bb.jpg.html
http://s474.photobucket.com/user/rjv...90844.jpg.html

The real issue is that you are insisting that the tires are different, like no possibility of variation in QC but rather something completely different. Nothing is going to be exactly the same. What I am trying to tell you is that even if you got tires from Tower, so what? Unless we hear otherwise, all the TCS tires in country sold to date could have been 1 run of production. I do not know. Maybe it's 3 batches. How many runs of Pit branded tires? Again, who knows, until somebody says otherwise..

Last edited by robk; 05-13-2013 at 10:21 PM.